To add to the wave of relief that’s washed over me after a fairly frantic week of cramming for uni exams, there was a lovely little surprise waiting for me in the wonderful world of blogging. I was nominated for a:
It’s so lovely to see this type of peer support and recognition because you put yourself out there and there’s just as good a chance that someone could take a swing at you. Instead it’s been so encouraging to see the amount of positivity that’s floating around in the blogosphere!
But I digress, there a few ‘rules’ attached so firstly, a big thank you to Jim from And that makes two for the nomination. This blog brings a wonderful sense of humour to being a parent and I always get a giggle when reading about his daughter’s antics.
Secondly, I need to share seven things about myself. Hmmm….
- I live in a household of boys: 1 husband and 1 son and I adore both of them
- I’m half Finnish
- I’m enjoying the world of blogging far more than I thought I might
- I’d love to have a pet lion
- The thing I’ve loved most about being a Mum is hearing my son laugh
- I married my high school sweetheart
- Florence stole a piece of my heart and one day I’ll be making my way back there to reclaim it
Thirdly, I’m nominating 15 other bloggers out there who I admire and whose writing I find inspiring or enjoyable: MUMmedia, Tofudie, iGameMom, Cauldrons and Cupcakes, When Ideas Fail, HOVERCRAFTDOGGY, Bill Chance, An Ordinary Life, Sweet Child of Mine Book, Coco J Ginger Says, Daycare Chronicles, SMILESALOT1969, Vicky… The Northern Chicky, LadyRomp and Pulchra Doctrina.
These are all lovely blogs and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them and look forward to their future offerings!
Last, but not least, I will now go and comment of each of their pages to let them know what I’ve done which will hopefully continue this cycle of enthusiasm and support.